See our full offering of trainings for employers, employees and workplaces HERE!
In Person Trainings and Courses
• Psychological Health and Safety Advisor Training
• Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Standard (also available virtually)
• Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) for Adults who Interact with Youth
• Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Seniors
• Applied Suicide Intervention Training (ASIST)
• Mental Health Works
• Co-workers First
• Resilient Minds
Online Trainings and Courses
• START (Living Works)
• Psychological First Aid – Caring for Self and Caring for Others
• Wellness @ Work Webinars
• Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Virtual
• Workplace Presentations (general information and/or specific topics)
- Return to the Workplace: A psychological toolkit for heading back to work
- Workplace Strategies for Mental Health
- Not Myself Today
- What is Mental Health First Aid?
- What is Mental Health First Aid For Adults Who Interact With Youth?
- What is Mental Health Works?
- Corporate Sponsor Flyer
- What is ASIST?
- Workplace Mental Health Program Training Menu
- Workforce Mental Health Collaborative
• View our resources page here.
- To accommodate the demand for our sponsored (free) courses, we ask applicants to register for just ONE sponsored course at a time.
- Seats are limited for in-person and sponsored courses; register early!\
- Participants will be asked to complete a COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire for in-person courses.
- Physical distancing and masks are required for in-person courses.
- Seats will not be reserved without completed registration.
- Certificates will only be issued to participants who complete all course hours and required work.
- CMHA-NL reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any course. Notice will be given to those registered.
ABOUT WORKPLACE MENTAL HEALTH
Each week, approximately 500,000 Canadians don’t feel well enough to go to work due to a mental health issue or mental illness. The Canadian economy spends more than $51 Billion a year in lost productivity due to a workplace mental illness with 70% of overall disability costs attributed to mental illness.
In 2013, the National Standard of Canada for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace (the Standard) was launched. Championed by the Mental Health Commission of Canada (MHCC) and developed by CSA Group and the Bureau de normalization du Quebec, the Standard is a voluntary set of guidelines, tools and resources focused on promoting employees’ psychological health and preventing psychological harm at work.
CMHA-NL is dedicated to supporting workplace psychological health and safety. We provide training, information resources, and consultation services to support employer/employee mental health and overall health and well-being in workplaces and organizational groups. The Workplace Mental Health Program offers lunch-and-learn sessions, presentations, half-day workshops, and two-day certificate courses delivered by a certified coordinator.
WORKSHOPS FOR YOUR WORKPLACE
Our Workplace Mental Health Coordinator is certified in CMHA’s Psychological Health and Safety training. We offer a full two-day advisor certification course, as well as a half-day workshop on Canada’s National Standard for Psychological Health and Safety. The workshop offers an introduction to the components of a psychologically healthy and safe workplace, and the tools available to create and support positive mental health for employees and workplaces. This training is geared towards a variety of individuals who are tasked with addressing psychological health and safety in the workplace, such as Human Resources, Occupational Health Safety, Health and Wellness, Health and Safety, Disability Management or Union Representatives.
We also offer flexible presentations to general workplace audiences on Workplace Mental Health, Workplace Stress, Work/Life Balance and other work related topics, depending on your needs and time availability. You can book a 1 hour lunch-and-learn session, a 2 hour presentation, or our half day Psychological Health and Safety workshop depending on your needs.
PRIVATE GROUP OR WORKPLACE BOOKINGS
To book a presentation or workshop for your group or workplace, please choose an option from our training menu. We also offer customized plans to suit specific workplace needs; contact our Workplace Mental Health Coordinator to discuss your options. Prices for organizational workshops vary depending on location and size of your group. Not-for-profit discounts is available for some workshops.
PUBLIC AND INDIVIDUAL BOOKINGS
For upcoming public workshops and other training sessions CLICK HERE or contact us to learn more.
INFORMATION DISPLAY BOOTHS
CMHA-NL can provide freestanding information display booths and materials about mental health, mental illness and stress management for your educational and workplace events. This can include pamphlets, posters, and facts sheets on various mental health issues and illnesses. (Please note, display booths are dependent on staff availability; we may not be able to accommodate all requests.)
If you are interested in booking a display booth or scheduling one of our Workplace Mental Health workshops or presentations, please contact our Workplace Mental Health Coordinator.