Date: Nov 21 & 22, 2023
Time: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM (each day) with 1-hour for lunch, as well as morning and afternoon breaks. Meals are not provided.
Cost: $20.00 registration fee. Sponsored training under TD Ready Challenge. Registrants must be 16+.
Location: Springdale Inn & Suites, 43 Little Bay Road, Springdale, NL A0J 1T0
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a two-day, in-person workshop featuring powerful audiovisuals, discussions, and simulations. You’ll learn how to recognize when someone may be thinking about suicide, and how to provide a skilled intervention and develop a safety plan with the person to connect them to further support. You will also consider how personal and community attitudes about suicide affect someone’s openness to seek help and your ability to provide it. This workshop will increase your willingness, confidence, and capacity to provide suicide first aid.
• Seats are limited for in-person & sponsored courses; please register early! Registrants must be 16+.
• To accommodate the demand for our sponsored (free) course listings, we ask applicants to register for just ONE sponsored course at a time.
• Seats will not be reserved without completed registration.
• Certificates will only be issued to participants who complete all course hours and required work.
• CMHA-NL reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any course. Notice will be given to those registered.
For more information or assistance registering, please contact CMHA-NL Provincial Office Administrator Leia Feltham by email at email@example.com.
Thank you to TD Ready Challenge for sponsoring this training!