Coordinator, Marketing and Communications
Reporting to CMHA-NL’s Chief Executive Officer, this position is responsible for all marketing and communications for CMHA-NL. In addition, the position also assists with the various fund raising and awareness events throughout the year. The successful candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule which may include some evenings and weekends.
- Maintain our public social media sites (Facebook, Twitter)
- Maintain our website, including regular content management, and technical issue management with vendor
- Produce or manage the development of brochures, handouts, flyers, and other informational/promotional materials
- Manage our relationships with local media, and ensures that CMHA-NL is featured regularly and positively
- Provide support for specific fund-raising events (e.g. Tickle Swim, Ride Don’t Hide, etc.)
- Ensure that CMHA-NL is familiar with and employing current communication/ promotion tools and technology (i.e. social media, social marketing) to maximize fund-raising returns
- Manage donations and donor database, and coordinate processing of tax receipts and in memoriam cards
- Provide regular reports and updates to the C.E.O.
Skill Based Competencies/Education
- Proven work experience in developing fund development/communication plans and managing operational objectives
- Ability to work as part of a team and with volunteers
- Proven ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with sponsors, funders, vendors, and other partners
- Excellent oral communication skills, including presentations and public speaking
- Excellent written communication and marketing skills
- Knowledgeable and experienced with community-based, non-profit, client services based organizations.
- Knowledgeable of and experienced in working with major social media platforms and management tools (e.g. Hootsuite), and other communication/marketing tools including email campaign platforms (e.g. MailChimp)
- Sound working knowledge of MS Office software applications and donor management databases/software
- Detail oriented with a passion for quality
- Graphic design experience would be an asset
- Post-secondary education and/or professional certification in a related field (e.g. communications, marketing) would be an asset, or a combination of education and experience.
This position is located in St. John’s, NL. CMHA-NL offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The closing date for applications is January 15th, 2019. We thank all applicants who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward cover letter and resume through email to:
Bernice Haley, Office Manager
Canadian Mental Health Association, NL Division
603 Topsail Road
St. John’s, NL A1E 2E1
Email: [email protected]