For updates on career opportunities and more, please subscribe to our e-news here: https://cmhanl.news/subscribe
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Type: Full time, permanent
Location: St. John’s, NL
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience
Closing Date: April 26th, 2021, 4:30PM (NL)
Canadian Mental Health Association Newfoundland and Labrador Division (CMHA-NL) is a provincial division of CMHA, the nationwide leader and champion for mental health. Our mission is to facilitate access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience and support recovery from mental illness. CMHA-NL’s provincial head office is in St. John’s, and we also have two regional offices located in Grand Falls-Windsor (Central) and Stephenville (Western).
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to CMHA-NL’s Chief Executive Officer, this position is responsible for all marketing and communications for CMHA-NL. In addition, the position also assists with the various fundraising and awareness events throughout the year. The successful candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule, which may include some evenings and weekends.
• Maintain our public social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube)
• Maintain our websites (WordPress and Squarespace), including regular content management, and technical issue management with vendor
• Produce or manage the development of brochures, handouts, flyers, and other informational/promotional materials
• Strategize and help develop a yearly Marketing and Communications Plan for the organization
• Manage our relationships with local media, and ensure CMHA-NL is featured regularly and positively
• Provide support for specific fundraising events (e.g. Tickle Swim, Ride Don’t Hide, etc.)
• Ensure that CMHA-NL is familiar with and employing current communication/promotion tools and technology (i.e. social media, social marketing) to maximize fundraising returns
• Work closely with the Fund Development Coordinator to plan and implement fundraising initiatives
• Provide regular reports and updates to the C.E.O.
• Proven work experience in developing fund development/communication plans and managing operational objectives
• Ability to work as part of a team and with volunteers
• Proven ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with sponsors, funders, vendors, and other partners
• Excellent oral communication skills, including presentations and public speaking
• Excellent written communication and marketing skills
• Knowledgeable and experienced with community-based, non-profit, client services-based organizations.
• Knowledgeable of and experienced in working with major social media platforms and management tools (e.g. Hootsuite), and other communication/marketing tools including email campaign platforms (e.g. MailChimp)
• Sound working knowledge of MS Office software applications and donor management databases/software
• Detail oriented with a passion for quality
• Graphic design experience would be an asset
• Post-secondary education and/or professional certification in a related field (e.g. communications, marketing) would be an asset, or a combination of education and experience.
Interested candidates are requested to email a cover letter and resume in a single PDF to Office Administrator Bernice Haley at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 26, 2021, 4:30PM (NL). We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply by mail, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Office Administrator
603 Topsail Road
St. John’s, NL
For more information, please call 709-753-8550 ext. 101.
To download a copy of this job posting, please click HERE.