2018 marks 100 years of mental health community services provided by Canadian Mental Health Association.
Throughout Newfoundland and Labrador, we want to show our dedication to the expansion of these services, by hosting one or more of our upcoming events, in at least 100 communities across our beautiful province.
1. Mental Health Week: May 7th to 13th, 2018. Our goal is to light up buildings or landmarks in your area in green, our mental health awareness colour. Other ideas to get involved: Declare a town proclamation recognising the week, create a space where green ribbons can be placed in honour of those touched my mental health issues, or host a green bake sale and donate proceeds to CMHA-NL. Use your creativity to promote mental health.
2. Ride Don’t Hide – June 24th, 2018. This is a national event with rides held in communities across the country: http://ridedonthide.com/
3. Community Swim for Mental Health – Middle of August. Details on the last year’s Tickle Swim event are here: https://cmhanl.ca/what-we-do/tickle-swim-mental-health. Your community can hold their own swim to take place in a harbour or pond, for example, or indoors in a pool.
4. Painting a Picture for Mental Health – Fall 2018. 100 painting canvases will be sold for $1,000/each. Each canvas will be painted and used to make a large art installation, which we plan to have permanently
displayed in St. John’s.
5. Purchase a bar from the Newfoundland Chocolate Company – Celebrate 100 years of CMHA while helping to support our mental health programs with the purchase of a delicious chocolate bar. Giving never tasted so good!
More details about our events will be provided as they become available.
TO REGISTER YOUR COMMUNITY:
For more information and to register, contact: Nancy Salsman – [email protected]