Find a full list of public courses and free webinars below. If you are interested in booking a private session for your workplace or group, or want advice on which courses are right for you, please contact us.
FREE Online Courses and Webinars:
Physically Separated, Socially Connected
This one hour live online course will explain social connection, and why it is important for our mental health. Key strategies to strengthen social connection will be explored. Please find available dates for this series here.
Coping with Current Events: Managing Unhealthy Coping Strategies
This free, online series will focus on how the current events may be affecting our behaviour, including using substances, like alcohol and marijuana, to cope. Please find available dates for this series here.
Coping with Current Events: Managing Anxiety and Stress
This free, online series will discuss the impact of the current events on our well-being, what we can do to feel a little more in control, and some options to help manage our feelings of anxiety and stress. Please find available dates for this series here.
Coping During the Pandemic
This online course has been created to give you information about current guidance, and links to the most up to date advice, as well as exploring how you might be feeling, what you can do to support your mental health at this time, how to best manage a period of isolation and support other people you know, including children and young people. Start this online course here.
Keeping Connected: We’re in This Together
Join CMHA-NL every Wednesday 1 – 2PM (NDT) for a facilitated group discussion about mental health, well-being, physical isolation, and more. This weekly group discussion focuses on a variety of mental health and wellness topics and is facilitated by CMHA-NL’s Western Regional Coordinator, Tianna Butler (BA, BEd, MPhil). The aim of this group is to help foster a sense of connection and community, while also highlighting ways to help manage stress, anxiety, and other challenges during the COVID-19 health crisis. Please register here.
Sponsored Courses Offered March to August 2020
Date TBA: Mental Health First Aid – Adults Who Interact With Youth
Sponsored by Pennecon (there is no fee for this course).
Limited seats available. Register by date TBA.
Mental Health First Aid – Adults Who Interact With Youth Info
Register for MHFA – Adults Who Interact With Youth
About Sponsored Courses:
• To accommodate the demand for our sponsored course listings, we ask applicants to register for just ONE sponsored course per semester (as listed above). Applicants may register for one course every semester.
• Seats will not be reserved without completed registration.
• If you submit a paper registration form, you will be notified by CMHA-NL via email if your registration has been confirmed.
• Online registrants using Eventbrite will receive automatic confirmation. If the course is full, there is a self wait-list option for up to 10 additional applicants and Eventbrite will notify you when/if a seat becomes available.
• Certificates will only be issued to participants who complete all training hours and required course work within their program.
• CMHA-NL reserves the right to reschedule any course. Notice will be given to those registered should a course need to be rescheduled.
Private Group or Workplace Bookings:
Missed the registration deadline? Sign up for our e-news and we’ll let you know when our next courses are being offered. Sign up HERE.