CMHA-NL’s At-Work program helps individuals find meaningful employment.
Individualized case management includes assistance with job search, resume writing, job applications, interview preparation, education exploration, systems navigation, and securing and maintaining employment, including short-term job placements and/or long-term employment.
The Employment Support Coordinator also connects local employers with skilled and trained candidates who qualify for a wage subsidy that covers up to 100% of their wages for 6-12 weeks, in addition to training costs for employment readiness. Case management services will continue to foster a successful and mutually beneficial experience for the employee and employer.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYEES
- Available to individuals ages 16 who are legally entitled to work in Canada and self-identify as having a mental illness or mental health challenges
- Individuals must be unemployed or underemployed and cannot currently be receiving or have received employment insurance (EI) benefits within the last 5-years (extenuating circumstances reviewed on an individual basis)
- Must be ready to work or take steps towards employment readiness
EMPLOYERS, WE’RE HERE TO HELP YOU TOO!
- Opportunity to be connected with pre-screened applicants who are skilled and motivated to work
- Wage subsidy can cover up to 100% of an (eligible) employees wage for 6-12 weeks
- Service is simple to access (no lengthy application) and can be tailored to employer-employee needs
Download the At Work Employment Referral Form here.
To learn more about the wage subsidy application, and to discuss available positions within your workplace, please contact us.
At Work/Au travail is a national, federally funded program delivered in 12 communities across Canada. At Work assists small and medium sized employers to fulfill their hiring needs with added financial incentive, while increasing diversity and equity in the workplace.