***APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED***
For updates on career opportunities and more, please subscribe to our e-news here: https://cmhanl.news/subscribe
Instructor Trainer, Working Minds TOGETHER
Type: Contractual, Part-Time Position
Location: St. John’s, NL (with travel throughout the province as necessary)
Closing Date: Friday, October 2, 2020
Canadian Mental Health Association Newfoundland and Labrador Division (CMHA-NL) is a provincial division of CMHA, the nationwide leader and champion for mental health. Our mission is to facilitate access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience and support recovery from mental illness. CMHA-NL’s provincial head office is in St. John’s, and we also have two regional offices located in Grand Falls-Windsor (Central) and Stephenville (Western).
ABOUT THE POSITION
CMHA-NL’s Workplace Mental Health Program is seeking a contractual Instructor Trainer to co-facilitate Working Minds TOGETHER (WMT), a new program originally developed by CMHA-New Brunswick. This training is designed to provide leaders within a workplace-environment with the necessary information and strategies to build positive mental health for all employees while effectively supporting individual employees with mental health concerns.
Instructor Trainers teach leaders in workplace environments. Supported by the Workplace Mental Health Coordinator, the Instructor Trainer will co-facilitate the Working Minds TOGETHER course for workplaces that have requested the training. Participants can include workplace managers, supervisors, CEOs, HR professionals, OH&S personnel, wellness coordinators, union leaders, peer support specialists, or just about anyone charged with looking after the psychological health of another person as it relates to both their jobs and interpersonal relationships. The WMT four-module program is generally delivered in one-day OR two half-day sessions.
The successful candidate will complete training and receive full certification as a Working Minds TOGETHER Instructor Trainer.
To ensure excellent representation of CMHA-NL and quality control in program delivery, CMHA has identified criteria necessary to qualify for training as a Working Minds TOGETHER Instructor Trainer, including:
- Experience in adult education and prior experience delivering instruction courses such as “Mental Health First Aid”, which has given candidate the skills to deliver content and effectively engage a group.
- A career, or work experience in Workplace Mental Health, Employee Wellness, Human Resources, Occupational Health, or similar work experience.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Recognized as a champion for mental health.
Preference will be given to candidates who have the following assets:
- Experience in either or all the following: Mental Health and Addictions, stigma awareness, stress management, trauma, crisis intervention, understanding of the principles of recovery, and knowledge of community mental health resources.
- Completion of a suicide intervention and/or prevention program, such as Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) or safeTALK.
- Completion of Mental Health First Aid (MHFA).
Interested candidates are requested to email a cover letter and resume in a single PDF to Office Manager Bernice Haley at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 2, 2020. We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply by mail, please send a cover letter and resume to:
603 Topsail Road
St. John’s, NL
For more information, please call 709-753-8550 ext. 101.