An advocate is a person or organization who can speak or act on your behalf when you are confused about your rights, are facing an injustice, or are dealing with challenges navigating mental health or government service systems.
CMHA-NL advocates to improve overall systemic barriers to good mental health and recovery from mental illness for all Newfoundlanders and Labradorians. We currently are unable to provide advocacy services for individuals, but there are a number of organizations and agencies in the province that may be able to provide this support.
- Human Rights Commission
- Independent Living Resource Centre (ILRC)
- Legal Aid
- Your Member of the House of Assembly (MHA), Government of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Your Member of Parliament (MP), Government of Canada
- Office of the Child and Youth Advocate
- Office of the Citizens’ Representative